9 May 2007

Friendship

I know everyone else appears to be blogging about Roots and whilst mine is kinda, it is different. One of the most special things for me at Roots is the friendships. Not necessarily making new ones but developing the ones that already exist. As I am away at uni (although only 2 more weeks) and so are my friends and those really special in my life me and one of my closest friends take Roots as a time to catch up. It is a really special time for me, it involves lots of giggling and screaming (which some friends were clearly not ready for!!) but also emphasises to me how much I love her and miss her and how special she is to me. It allows our friendship to grow as we become closer as God really does become the centre of the relationship for that weekend, conversations revolve around Him and laughter and tears and hugs are shared because of Him and I find that amazing.

Roots also made me feel a whole lot better about the next year, when I come home and my special people are all away. I have been really worried about it but a friend told me not to be and offered her services as a friend which was so special for me and takes away a lot of that worry. It's one of those situations where all your 'normal' friends are away and although you are friends with others they have their own 'normal' friends and so the message meant so much and that person is also really special and I care for them a lot.

Anyway enough soppy stuff. I basically wanted to say Roots was a bit weird for me this year and wasn't what I was expecting but I have come out with deeper friendships and a deeper relationship and I am just so thankful for that.

Without friends and God where would we be.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Aah!

Claire said...

Lol!! I know. How soppy was that!

Becks said...

oh my word clara- i cant believe you only have 2 weeks left! Glad roots was good for you xxx

Anonymous said...

claire when are you coming home??

Claire said...

Lol!! how do you never know what is going on!! I told you three times. I'm coming home next Monday. Why?

Anonymous said...

next monday as in another week?? i duna, you tell me so much other stuff its hard to store all the imformation!!!

Claire said...

Monday as in not today but next week, the 21st. Why?

Anonymous said...

i just wondered cus you wernt here and i didnt know when you would be! and i didn't like the thought of you just being here one morning when i wake up!!! why?

Graeme said...

Sisters eh!!!