25 May 2007

It's All Over

It is official, I have finished uni. The last essay was handed in yesterday (it was a very stressful morning) and now all I am doing is waiting for the marks, the nervous bit.

After the stressful morning I met a friend for lunch and we took to reminiscing about our time together and all that we had been through. The most popular memory by far was the day of 'The Flood', one of the longest and most horrendous days of my life although out of it came a fantastic friendship and we are now able to laugh about it.

With it now being the end it has stirred up some weird feelings, I am ready to face the world and earn some money (if anybody wants to employ me!!) but it is so sad to be leaving. The three years have been long, tiring, full of ups and downs and tremendous amounts of tears but through it all I have grown as a person, changed before people's eyes (my tutor used to think I was a 'shy, retiring flower', he has now changed his mind!!) and most importantly achieved my dream of obtaining a degree (obviously depending on results, but it's looking promising). So at the end of my time, it is only fitting to say a big thank you to all those who have helped me through, some of who read this and most of whom don't but a big thank you anyway. Let's hope you are all there as I enter the big wide world.

9 comments:

Graeme said...

Congratulations Claire, welcome to the big wide world!!

Liz said...

Yes, really well done - it'll be good to have you back at Romford again...if that's part of the plan?

Claire said...

Yea that is the plan, although really going to miss the people at Shirley.

Ann said...

We will be so glad to have you back Claire but know it will be difficult for you - so promise of lots of prayers and coffee if you need one anytime.

Dawn said...

Hey Claire! Congratulations. Life will never be the same again - but hold onto the memories...they'll keep you smiling for years!

Unknown said...

Yeah - don't let the memories, or the firendships fade. They are so special.

It will be great to have you back here. As Ann says, we know it might be tough, but I hope that this 'family' at Romford will really support you through this time of change. We love you.

Claire said...

Thanks. Life after the summer will be hard.

Fiona said...

Well done Claire!!!

It will be good to have you back with us again!!

Jenny said...

welcome back Claire!....yes it's a very strange feeling finishing one phase of your life, particulary if you are not sure what the next phase holds.
love and prayers