16 Apr 2007

Nearly Finished

So i officially have five weeks left of uni lectures. My three years has come to an end and I am relieved. Uni has certainly been challenging and very emotional, but as I enter into my last term it has got me thinking what am I going to leave with. Now obviously (depending on results) I will have a degree, and I have grown in confidence and learnt valuable life skills (or so they tell me!!!) But what else have I left with, have I left with life long friends? Well that question can only b answered after a length of time but it got me thinking as what do I come home to?

Well apart from my family, although one of them will soon be off to uni I will return to friends. Or do I. My friends are all still at uni so after the summer, then what happens, I'm left on my own, in a familiar world, but a very different world. A world where the people I left are older and the age gap between people appears to be less than it was when I was 18 all because I have a job and a degree. So the question appears to be with the life lessons uni teaches you and the changes you face in the world of home, does uni ever prepare you for home and will home ever go back to being the same as when I left?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

In my experience, 'no'. Right now, be prepared for a constantly changing life as you try to find where you 'fit in' on returning from uni.

I wrote a really personal response to this and deleted it. Chat to me if you want to know my feelings about this.

We can always go shopping! I am good at that!

Claire said...

It would be good to chat to you, no one ever really tells you how to cope once you have finished if that makes sense

Unknown said...

Not sure I can tell you how to cope, but at least I have first hand experience, and talking about it can only be a good thing:-)

Dawn said...

Hey, we all have different experiences. Same goes for what Kirsty said, we're here, just yell.