7 Jan 2008

New Year, New Me?!

OK so it has been a while since I have blogged, this is mainly due to the fact I have not had anything to say, until today that is. Whilst at work bored I suddenly thought of something I could share with you all, I cannot promise it will be interesting but at least it's something!

I have decided this year I need to lose weight. I am not the only one in this I am sure but it has occurred to me recently that in the past four years of my relationship I have expanded and now is the time to stop. I am not however going to diet. Oh no. I do not believe in dieting, it just makes you hungrier, plus for it not to make you hungry you have to spend a lot of money a month to join the consumer diet world. This is money that I will be needing to spend on something else but that will be a blog for later in the year. So as I am not going to diet how exactly am I going to lose weight. A question I am sure you are eagerly awaiting the answer for!! I am going to exercise. Yes that is right little sis I am going to exercise. I do currently belong to a gym however have been once in the entire month of December. To not go is throwing money away and so that is why in this New Year I am going to make the most of my gym membership.

The question is though can you lose weight just by exercising? Can I go back to the size and figure I had four years ago? Can I be less than that?

The answer I am hoping is yes as I have lots of important engagements coming up this year, from friends 21st's to graduation balls and ceremonies (not mine but I still get to go!) to a friends wedding, and these are just the ones that I know of.

So please keep your fingers crossed that this is achievable and if you have any advice or tips they would be greatly appreciated.

6 comments:

Fiona said...

Apparently you need to drink lots and lots of water. Contrary to popular belief, this does not cause water retention, but kick starts our metabolism. This will help - or so they say!!

Dawn said...

And apparently celery burns calories during digestion, so that could always be a way forward!

Liz said...

They...who are THEY and why do they know all this stuff?

However, I have heard that before and also the thing about celery. I have heard tell too, that exercising can atually make you heavier as muscle weighs more than fat, but you should loose inches.

This may be a vicious lie though!

Unknown said...

No its true, but that happens more if you do weights and things than if you do cardio-vascular stuff. Exercise is a great way to shape up. I have found it the most effective way.

Jenny said...

I've been trying too Claire and going to the gym. Before Christmas I had my reassessment and had lost 11 inches from all the bits measured!! No weght loss but 'they' said that will come and its more important to lose inches to start with. BUT could someone please eat the chocolate that we still have left over from Christmas!!

Jude said...

I'll eat the chocolate!
sorry no advice on weight lose I got distracted by the mention of free choccies....! ummmmm nah don't think dieting is for me unless 'they' create a chocolate coated one!.....!