28 Jan 2008

Still alive!!

This weekend I did something I had never ever done before. I cooked. Cooked from scratch a main course and a pudding. What is even more impressive is I am still alive and so too is the person I cooked it for!!

Reason for cooking? Well my boyfirend and I do not really get to spend all that much time together when we are both home and so my mum was out and I thought it would be nice if we did something different and took advantage of the space and spend some quality time together. I suggested cooking and my boyfriend got quite excited by the idea of being grown ups so then I had to do it!! I looked in recipe books borrowed from a friend and surfed the internet until I found a simple recipe that would look like it was complicated!! On saturday afternoon I began the task of cooking and by Saturday evening we had a barbecued chicken with fried rice and chocolate swirl cheesecake. All made from scratch and it even tasted quite nice!

Point of this blog? Well I am alive and so is he. I can now say I can cook without poisoning anybody!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I have just had a flashback to the first time I cooked a meal for Keith - Chicken in a white wine sauce with jacket potato, and home made profiteroles for dessert!