6 Sept 2008

Back to School



That's right after six years of not going back to school this September I have been back. I have just completed my first three days as a graduate teacher in a secondary school and I have survived!

Highlights of my week:-

1. Finding out what happens on a teacher training day although the day itself was not that thrilling!!
2. Planning a lesson. Very scary but my lesson plan worked. Woo!
3. Receiving my Teacher's Planner. It was the highlight of my day and I got very excited. I am almost a proper teacher!!!

Funniest moment of the week had to be yesterday when a year seven asked me where a room was and I had no idea. Funny but embarrassing. I did manage to direct them in the end to where they needed to be for wet lunch, phew!!

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Claire, Glad everything went well. I remember going to senior school and being terrified of not finding the right room - and I suppose you are in that situation all over again.

Dawn said...

Sorry to dispell the myth, but eacher training days will NEVER be exciting, trust me!

Jenny said...

Yes I agree teacher training days are ONLY exciting for the children involved!

Claire said...

Having now sat through two inset days I can now say the excitement has indeed worn off. The only excitement is that I get to wear jeans to work!!!